Vernon Chapel. We regret that, due to roof repair measures in hand, the Vernon Chapel will be closed to the public during January and February2016. If bad weather results in delays it may be necessary to extend the period the chapel is close
An information sheet about the church can be downloaded here.
Our welcome for visitors includes:
• Free entry and free photography for private use
• Wheelchair access via vestry – on west side
• Prayer corner and space for quiet reflection
• Guide book (£2), display boards
• Christian books and cards available to buy
• Leaflets about Christian faith
• Guided tours may be possible with notice
• An invitation to forthcoming events
• Links with local museum, close to our lych-gate
Church Guide Book (£2)
This detailed commentary, with excellent photos, will help you understand more about the church, as well provide a souvenir of your visit and, we hope, the incentive to visit again.
A huge church in a town of just 4,000 people (and four other churches) is a financial challenge. This was once a mother church for an area that spread from Baslow to Buxton. We now work hard to maintain and extend an active Christian community and to preserve the ancient building with its invaluable artefacts. We are grateful for every donation, especially if a gift aid declaration can be completed.
The church organises, hosts or participates in flower and Christmas Tree festivals, music and choral concerts, bell ringing peals, well dressings, a pantomime, carnival procession and many other community activities.
All Saints Church opening hours:
During the spring and summer the church is open from 9:00 - 17:00.
In the Autumn and Winter after until the clocks change it is open from 9:00 - 16:00.